M040 Active two-way monitor
|The Genelec M Series products include several new, innovative technologies to bring you the finest audio quality.
Natural Composite Enclosure™
Our pioneering Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE) is made from a fully recyclable fibre composite material. Half of this is wood, which has the right acoustical properties to reduce vibrations and deliver exceptional sound quality. Plus the enclosure is manufactured using injection moulding. This allows us to optimise the shape and structural rigidity for high-quality acoustical performance. And we can also maximise the internal volume, something that's vital for achieving high output at low frequencies.
Intelligent Signal Sensing
Our Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) feature reduces power consumption to less than 0.5 watts by automatically switching the active monitor to standby when no audio signal has been detected for some time. When it receives an audio signal again, the loudspeaker turns back on.
ISS is fully compliant with the latest EU requirements and the ErP 2013 Directive for electronic devices.
Low turbulence reflex port
Uncompressed bass through the new patent pending low turbulence reflex port design, Laminar Integrated Port – LIP ™
Class D Amplifier
The need to improve energy efficiency has led to the development of switch-mode operated amplifiers in many areas. Gradually this technology has matured also for demanding audio power amplifiers and at Genelec we have chosen to design our own Class D amplifier technology. The M series utilizes these high efficiency, low distortion amplifiers in both channels.
For high resolution photos please visit: flickr.com/genelec
|· Recording · Genelec M040 Monitors (US) 6.14 / pdf
· Sound On Sound · M040 ON TEST (GB) 5.14
· Monitor: Genelec M030, M040 · Berattigat Impulse-kop (SE) 3.13
· STEREO Magazin: Flucht aus dem Regieraum (DE) 4.14
· Recording Magazin: Druck von unten (DE) 3.14
· Music Store magazine: Genelec M040 - Aktivní poslechové monitory (CZ) / web
· AMAZONA: Test: Genelec M040, aktive Studiomonitore (DE) / web
· Fairaudio BMC Audio PureDAC und Genelec M040 | D/A-Wandler und Aktivlautsprecher (DE) / web
· Kompakte Zweiwege-Aktivmonitore aus Verbundwerkstoff (DE) / web
· Delamar: Kompakter Nahfeld-Studiomonitor 9.13 / web
· AudioMedia: Genelec M Series M030 9.13 / web
· Sound On Sound 8.2013 (GB) / web
· MIX: Genelec M030 7.13 / web
· ProAudioReview 7.2013 (US) / pdf
· AudioMedia: The Internetional Buyer´s Guide 2013 (UK) / pdf
|1st Pipa Pro+Light And Sound International Press Award 2014
in the category of Studio Monitor.
|Technical Excellence & Creativity Award 2014 (TEC)
in the category of Studio Monitor Technology.
|PAR Excellence Award 2013.
The PAR Excellence Awards is a reader-voted program,
presented by the Editors and Contributors of Pro Audio Review (PAR) magazine.
|Gear of the Year 2013 by Audio Media.|